Red Dirt Farm and Studio

Small Farm Living Art, Photos and Stories

Good Sunday Morning. I am treating myself to a slow quiet morning.

The weather has certainly turned a bit cooler this week, especially the nights feel full-on fall.  This morning the temperature was 38F when I got up.

XO Kim

18 thoughts on “Wanderlust and mushrooms

1. D. A. Squires says:

This Sunday morning I am still drinking pumpkin spice coffee and was surprised and thrilled to find your post : ) Kim, your photos are gorgeous, I love savoring them. Food for the soul. Just so happy to hear from Red Dirt Farm again, love to peek in virtually : ) xo Debbie

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi Debbie – guess pumpkin spice in FL is a reminder of your life up North? I had a second cup of coffee (plain) this morning, something I rarely do. I gives me the shakes if I drink more than one cup. Thanks for the virtual peek and hugs to you! Stay safe. xo kim

2. pennross says:

Between your writing and photos I feel like we’ve shared wonderful visit. You have a knack for communicating your story. Thank you!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Well, Penny – that’s just about the nicest thing you could say! Thank you. Be well my friend. xo kim

3. Kirsten Bett says:

Stunning photos! Ling time no see, we moved from Featherston NZ to Leeuwarden NL and I now have a blog about pets, places and people I am writing a book about how Wilma experience dout emigration to New Zealand and back. Would live you to follow my blog back!

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi Kirsten – I feel like a total idiot, but I did not see on your blog how to follow – by email or otherwise. Thank you for popping in here and sharing your thoughts. I would like to see your posts? xo kim

1. Kirsten Bett says:

How weird Kim, I will look into it. I think you can just click on follow… Will check if it still works lol. Good to see you here again!

4. Donna C. says:

Kim- Please let me know the name of your CD. Thanks, nice to hear from you. -Donna C.

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi Donna – the cd is called take another look behind. Renaissance and Baroque Lute Music, played by Gabor Zajzon. Very relaxing. Thanks for popping in.

5. ruthsoaper says:

Beautiful photos Kim. My husband and I talked about the same thing this year – selling the farm, buying an Rv and traveling. I thought we were the only ones crazy enough to consider traveling with chickens. LOL!

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh Ruth – so funny. Nice to hear from you. I guess this year of strange things has prompted some us to think of things we never considered before. Of course the chickens would have to travel! I hope you and your family have remained healthy. I expect you feel as we do, that we work all the time and there is never any down time. Wouldn’t trade the farming lifestyle but… xo kim

1. ruthsoaper says:

Actually our farm has been our refuge this year and I am so thankful for it. Traveling might sound fun but I don’t think it’s for me. We have stayed well so far but got word today that my father-in-law tested positive. He is in the hospital in Ohio about 2 1/2 hrs from us. My husband says he sounds ok and is not on oxygen. It’s a helpless feeling though so we are just praying.

6. Janine says:

Your wildlife photos are amazing. Such diversity right at your doorstep, and they even come up to say Hi!

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi Janine – we are fortunate to see lots of different critters, at least I think so, so I love nature so much. Of course I would try to make them pets if I could. Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. xo kim

7. Ginny Agar says:

Kim, I love your photographic eye….so many of your pictures I can imagined framed and on my wall, but I’d have a hard time choosing! All God’s creatures feel safe and cared for, it’s beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Ginny

Liked by 1 person

1. Hello Ginny – you have made my day. I love spending time with my camera and nature, it is my favorite past time, I hope that my photos are a reflection of my respect and love for all creatures and nature. Thank you so much for sharing your kind words. xo kim

8. Linda Schaub says:

Do take more mornings for yourself Kim so that we are treated to your tales and of course your photos. So the homemade pizza for breakfast sounds good and I believe pizza has all the food groups in each slice. I saw the chili sauce (at least I think that’s what it is in the mason jars) – my mom used to love that chili sauce as she grew up eating it slathered on toast, or eggs. My grandparents would make Red Tomato Chow-Chow and Green Tomato Chow-Chow. My mom did not “put up” anything but once I was at Honey Baked Ham and saw the same type of chili sauce – it was my new fun present for my mom. I loved the critters, the turtle eating tomato – who knew? A walk in nature sets your day off right as does pizza (I could eat pizza any time of day).

9. Swankie says:

Left over pizza for breakfast is such a mood and a great life choice

Comments are closed.