Red Dirt Farm and Studio

Sharing kindness and joy through flowers and art

Small town

Kim of Red Dirt Farm and Studio

To my fellow Americans – Happy Independence Day!

When I get to witness or participate in these special events, I feel extremely fortunate to live small, small town that is.  It feels very authentic to me.

20210703_154747 gville

20210703_111639 gville

20210703_111649 gville

20210703_111607 gville

20210703_111559 gville

20210703_111506 gville

20210703_170618 rhetts

Yesterday we spent the day in Gordonsville, Virginia, two counties over from ours.  I was set-up at a craft show sell my art and flowers.  It was a beautiful day in the loveliest of small towns.  Friendly folks and nice camaraderie.  The highlight of the day was having this group of young dancers perform in their purple outfits to all Prince music.  It was completely sweet.

After a long day in the sun Mr. Red Dirt took us out for a bite to eat, that too was a treat.  We had salads topped with Oysters for him and Shrimp for me.  It was a lovely day in small town USA.

Be safe all.

Until next time,

xo, Kim

11 thoughts on “Small town

1. Ginny says:

Dear Kim, It’s wonderful to conect up again with you, my contact info changed and I had to reregister which was a challenge for me! I’ve had some sad and life changing events occur, so I am adjusting. You are one of my bright spots! Your art market offerings are so inspiring and I love your newest adventure; wish I could browse and shop; so glad you are having fun. We lived in a small town in Ct. and fairs were a socia event. Your displays are beautiful. Best wishes, Ginny

Liked by 1 person

1. Hello Ginny – Thank you for connecting with me again – I know all those technology changes can be time-consuming and frustrating. I am so sorry to hear you are going through sad life changes. I hope you will know that I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that your transitions will be as light as they can be. I wish I could sit with you and chat and catch up. Thank you for saying I am a bright spot, for you, that is most kind and it makes my heart happy. After many years of selling at art shows, I am finally able to take the pressure off of myself worrying about selling and just enjoy the moment. That’s a major life change for me. Take care of yourself and know that I am thinking of you. xo Kim

2. Mrs. N says:

When I lived in America we stayed in a small town. When I think of high school and summer vacations, town fairs and parades I get a warm feeling. Funny- I could never see myself moving from there but…
    Your photos brought me back to that simple pure time ….xo

Liked by 1 person

3. D. A. Squires says:

Hurray for small towns… we have lived in some small New England towns and they are special… lovely Fourth post, Kim!! Wondering if the Blue Lagoon painting is still available… my daughter is raising monarchs in a small enclosure, so I was thinking of her with the orange butterfly and all the gorgeous color : ) xo Debbie
    PS I love the HGTV show Home Town : )

Liked by 1 person

1. Connie – funny how life throws us in directions we never see coming. For me, small-town life is very comforting – others I am sure find them too limiting. Really it is a matter of attitude – isn’t it. Sometimes the attitude can be a struggle. Glad the photos brought a happy memory for you. xo, kim

2. Hi Debbie – sorry to be slow responding. Yes, Blue Lagoon is available. Oh my goodness, your daughter is raising Monarchs – that has been on my list of things I would love to do and be a part of. For now, I am content with growing milkweed for them. They are such magical beings. I just finished 3 blue butterfly paintings that were a special commission for women – they hold a special personal meaning for her. I love Home Town too – we just finished watching the hometown takeover edition. It was wonderful. xo, kim

4. inkspeare says:

So lovely and beautiful.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you – and thanks for popping in. xo, kim

Liked by 1 person

5. Linda Schaub says:

I’m a little behind in Reader again Kim, but yes, I could appreciate small town USA … for a long time, I’ve felt the world as we know it today moves way too fast for me. It’s time to go back to the simpler times.

Liked by 1 person

1. I am behind too Linda – sigh. Yes, the world does move too quickly and I feel not necessarily with good intentions, so simple small scale small-town pleasures feel safe and comforting to me. I saw a special Youtube channel on Squirrels and thought of you. xo, kim

Liked by 1 person

1. Linda Schaub says:

Simple pleasures are the best … flowers, gardens, nature, walks, we’ll keep our mind from getting too cloudy from the world that swirls around us. Squirrels do make me smile. Take care Kim.

Say hello and share your thoughts.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s